Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Real or Hoax?

Hello everyone, my name is Stockton and today I am presenting my newest web project, "Real or Hoax?". This website consists of a home page and six content pages which have to deal with Internet legends (real and fake alike).

I began this project right before Thanksgiving break (Oh, Happy Holidays everyone :D) and it took three to four days to complete the project. I began by creating the project's CSS. Now, for those of you who are not too familiar with the subject, CSS is the rules that define a website. The tables, sidebars, and so on are all CSS. Without CSS, websites would just be blocks of texts with images scattered all around.  I learned how to make the template through a tutorial from my instructor. After I made the basic template, I began working on the sidebar. I made the boxes surrounding the links to the other pages of content on my website.

I chose a color pallet from The Color Scheme Designer. (It is a really neat website, you might want to check it out.) Next, I started adding in content. There was a text file that I pulled my information and images from. I created a new page for each topic using the same basic CSS template and color pallet.
This was an interesting project, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are a couple of screenshots of the website.

Thanks for reading,

Stockton G.




No comments:

Post a Comment